Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

It's been a long time since a book moved me and this one for some reason did. I read it in a day. Lots of parts I liked, lots of parts I didn't. But the good totally outweighed the bad. While it's a college-aged love story, it is written for adults. There's not so much sex as there is violence and violent behavior, and severe underage binge drinking.

I've edited this review to say I've read this book more than once now, and while I have more sympathy toward Travis than Abby, all the characters I found likable and believable in the story. For those that are tired of watching the guy finally telling the girl how he feels in the last chapter, in this book Travis knows what he wants and it takes the whole book for Abby to figure out what she wants.

For those who are sensitive toward violence, the main characters are familiar and comfortable with street and underground fighting, so expect blood and fights throughout the story. This story is pretty raw, but so unlike other fluff romance books. The characters have real feelings and react sometimes in the wrong ways. But I found it to be a page turner.

Book Information:
Disclosure: This book was purchased by me for the Kindle, and any opinions are my own.

    Comments